Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Group Interview Experience- Madhumita Bhattacharya



Name: Madhumita Bhattacharya
Entrance Exam Percentile: GMAT 720
Programme and Batch: PGDM 2014-16
Work experience: 22 months

For WAT:
1.       How was your performance in the MBA entrance exam? Also share your overall WAT experience?
I gave GMAT twice. In the first attempt I scored 670. In the second I scored 720. Overall, I did well as I concentrated on only one exam and not multiple.

2.       What was your topic for WAT and what was your Time limit?
The topic was “Which is the song that describes you the best and why?”Time limit was 20min

3.       What was your approach towards WAT and how would you rate your writing?
I have always enjoyed writing and hence the short time was not a constraint. Plus, GMAT too has an analytical writing section. So I had some practice.

4.       How did you prepare for WAT, your Time Management strategy?
I did not prepare for WAT in an exclusive manner.

5.       Is there any advice for the aspirants who’d be appearing in the WAT test soon?
First two minutes simply understand the question. Writing will come automatically.
For GI-1:
1.       How many members were there in your interview board?
2
2.       How was your interview structured?
The panel asked a question to a candidate and continued asking the questions till they were satisfied with the answer. Most of the questions asked to me were about my work experience and extra curricular activities.

3.       Was there any tough question for you to answer?
No

4.       What were the key factors which you think influenced your selection at PI stage?
I think the most important factor was that I was completely sure of what I wanted. Hence, I could convey the same to the panel and they were convinced.

5.       How did you prepare for your PI?
I did not specifically prepare as I was very busy at work. However, since I was in marketing, I had the experience of being asked questions all the time. I guess that helped!!

6.       Did you appear for any other PI exercise at other top B-schools? Please share a few experiences (where you went wrong).
I gave interviews for IMT Ghaziabad and ISB Hyderabad apart from SPJAIN. All the interviews were good. I converted all.

7.       What is your advice to aspirants for Group Interview?
Do not worry if you are unable to answer a few questions. Just remember, the panel is only looking at your honesty so do not bluff!
For GI-2:                                   
1.       How was your GI-2 experience different from GI-1?
The GI2 was mainly based on the psychometric test that we had given in the morning and my hobby of travelling. It was longer and more detailed.

2.      What according to you was different/unique in your interview (ex: over Skype, Extremely technical, completely non technical etc.
Completely non-technical

3.      How was your selection post GI-1 communicated to you?
Through call
4.      How did you overcome your nervousness (if any) during the interview?
Frankly, I was not nervous. The panel was extremely cool and they did not give any indication of stress.

5.      What role did your background play during the interview process
My background played a very important role as I had applied for marketing and my job was also related to B2B marketing. So I was asked many questions regarding the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment